What is Google Directory integration?
By using Google Directory integration, you will easily synchronise your employees into Teamgo.
When Google Directory integration is installed, Teamgo will
- Sync user information: first_name, last_name, email, mobile
- Override all customers’ information if email exists
- New synced user must forget password to login
- Synced users have role of ‘User’ and notify_sms option is not enabled by default.
Google Directory users will be synced to Teamgo every 24 hours. You can also choose to manually sync at any time if you need an immediate update.
How To Use Google Directory Integration
- Google Suite account with admin privileges
- Enable API Access
- Login into Google Admin using your Google Suite account
- Go to API Reference
- Make sure checked on Enable API Access
- Grant User Read privilege for users
- Create new Admin Role that have this privilege and assign this roles to users
- Delegating domain-wide authority to the service account
- Go to your Google Apps domain’s Admin console
- Select Security from the list of controls. If you don't see Security listed, select More controls from the gray bar at the bottom of the page, then select Security from the list of controls. If you can't see the controls, make sure you're signed in as an administrator for the domain.
- Select Advanced settings from the list of options.
- Select Manage third party OAuth Client access in the Authentication section.
- In the Client name field enter the service account's Client ID.
- In the One or More API Scopes field enter the list of scopes below: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile The scopes are comma-delimited
- Click Authorize.
Where you are done, you should see the authorized API clients list:
Install Google Directory
- Go to Settings > Integrations
- Navigate to Google and Enable this integration
- You will be prompted a Request For Permission dialog. Click the Allow button to grant Teamgo permission to view your email address, your basic profile info and users and your domain.
- After installing successfully, you will be redirect to Google Directory integration instruction page.
- Select filter options
- Click on Test Filter button for checking the filter resutls
Test your integration and check back next day to ensure it's syncing correctly and as expected with Teamgo