Guided Access limits your iOS device to a single app and lets you control which features are available. You can turn on Guided Access when you let a child use your device, or when accidental gestures might distract you.
Set up Guided Access
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, then tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then reenter it. From here, you can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID as a way to end a Guided Access session.
Start a Guided Access session
- Open the app that you want, then triple-click the Home button.
- If you want parts of your screen to stop responding to touch, use one finger to circle those areas.
- Tap Start.
Control which features are available
- To turn off features or set a time limit, triple-click the Home or side button, then tap Options. If you don't see Options, triple-click the Home or side button again and enter your passcode.
- Turn on the options that you want, then tap Done