This article will describe how QR codes can be used with Teamgo and the benefits you will get using this feature.
- What is a QR code
- Who can use a QR code
- How to access a user QR code
What is a QR code?
A QR code is a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information for reading by the camera on a smartphone.
In the Teamogo system, QR codes work as unique identifiers of systems users and contain the history of their sign-in activities to the system. The QR code includes the users ID and nothing else and no personal identifiable information.
Who can use a QR code?
Teamgo users are segmented in two main categories: Visitors (people external to your organisation) and Teams (people internal to your organisation). Both of these are Users of the Teamgo system
Users (staff and contractors) can use QR codes to speed up their check in and out process everyday. It also lets you achieve a contactless solution which is safer for all.
The QR code function is completely dependant on how you configure your Teamgo account and your kiosks.
Access User QR Codes
There are a number of ways to access QR codes for your Users so they can benefit from this contactless and quick check in method.
- Send QR code as an email attachment
- Download the QR code as an image
- Print the QR code to a user badge (pass)
- Login to the Teamgo Pass app
Bulk Email QR Codes
If you have added multiple users you can send them their unique QR code with a single email. This is a good way to issue QR codes in bulk and save time.
- Go to Users > All Team Members
- Check the users you want to send the QR code to
- Click the QR code icon
- Confirm sending the email message
Email or Download User QR Code
To send a QR code to a single user, or let a user download their QR code as an image you can do this from the users profile page.
- Go to Users > All Team Members
- Find and click the user
- On the User profile press Download QR Code or Send QR Code
This function will either email the QR code to the user (same as a bulk send mentioned in the above method) or you can attach the QR code as an email or SMS and send it manually. Users with access to their own account can use these functions also.
Print User Badge with QR Code
Once you have configured how your user badges will look under Settings > Badge Template you can then print them for one or multiple users.
You can send the print job to a Teamgo Kiosk printer or any network or local printer. The local or network printer option means you can use any printer like a card printer (Dymo etc). Perfect for printing to durable plastic cards with full colour capability.
For a QR code that can be printed or digitally scanned:
- Go to your home screen
- Go to USERS > All Team Members
- Tick the box in front of the Team Member's name
- Click Print Badge
- Choose Local area network (LAN) printer to print badge on a normal printer OR
- Choose Label printer connected to kiosk to print badge on you Brother Label Printer and then choose which Kiosk you would like to print it from
- Click Modify ID Card Template to alter the design of the badge - this will take you to a different tab
- Click Print to print it off
Teamgo Pass App QR
This function is only available to users with a user account and have been granted access to login. This is typically for employees and workers to check in/out fast and safe (contactless).
- Download Teamgo Pass on you iOS or Android smartphone
- Log into your Teamgo account
- Tap the QR code icon at the top of the page
- Scan the QR code using the iPad's front camera
Teamgo Pass App comprises the following features
- Scan QR code
- Checkin remotely "Check-in Anywhere"
- Receive notifications
- View visitor arrivals
- Sign-out visitors
- Manage user settings
For more information or support on user QR codes contact our team at [email protected] anytime.