Apple changes how guided access mode works with the auto lock feature being enabled. Since iOS 11 both of these being enabled can cause the iPad to lock and screen switch off after guided access is enabled.
How to disable auto-lock in guided access mode
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
- Disable Auto-Lock, set this to Never
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Turn ON Guided Access
- Turin ON Accessibility Shortcut
- Turn ON Mirror Display Auto Lock
For more information or help please contact our team at email@example.com.